Using a free floating head to follow the contours of the sample, the Taber® 5750 is the ideal abrasion tester for flat or curved surfaces. It may also be used as a scratch tool, using the scratch kit accessory.
Abrasion media, length of stroke, load and speed of stroke can all be user defined to meet specific requirements.
The Linear Abraser uses a range of Wearasers®. The size and shape of a pencil eraser, the Wearaser® uses the same high quality Taber® abrasive media as used on the Taber® Rotary Abrasers, simulating real-life wear conditions.
- Stroke lengths of 12.7, 25, 76 and 102mm (0.5, 1.0, 3.0 and 4.0”)
- Variable stroke speed from 2 – 75 cycles per minute
- Preset stroke speed buttons for 2, 15, 25, 30, 40 and 60 cycles per minute
- Variable load from 350 – 2100g (12.4 – 74.1oz) with optional weights
- Stainless steel Wearaser® holder (Collet) for use with vitrified or resilient Wearasers®
- Laser alignment guide